Thursday 18 June 2009

Catholic Quiz: What Kind of Catholic Are You?

The Catholic blog - Catholic Mom of 10 Militant has been debating what it is to be a traditional Catholic so for the fun of it I decided to see if I could find out and in my search came across http://www.beliefnet.com/.

There are lots of different quizzes on the site including one entitled 'What Kind of Catholic Are You' and well I just could not help myself and gave it a go.

The quiz asked 25 multiple choice questions on all different aspects of the Catholic faith. I scored 90 out of 100 which labeled me a Very Traditional Catholic (was not really surprised).

Upon requesting more information I was told the following about myself

You'd like the church to revive the time-honored devotions, liturgical practices, and strong institutional discipline that prevailed before the Second Vatican Council—and you're hoping that Pope Benedict XVI will lead the church in exactly that direction. Your favorite hymn is probably a traditional Latin composition such as the "Panis Angelicus," and your favorite pope is probably a pioneer of the Church's great liturgical tradition such as Gregory the Great. You loved "The Passion of the Christ."

Some of what I read did have me smiling and other parts a little surprised however, I would like to comment that my favorite hymn is actually Tantum Ergo.

Go on have a go, take the quiz remember to have fun and not take it too seriously (and let me know your score) lol.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

While trying not to take the quiz too seriously, I found it frustrating for various reasons. Often more than one answer is correct, yet you have to choose one in preference to another which is equally correct; for example, "How do you think Mass should be celebrated? a. in Latin b. very reverently" Why are those presented as mutually exclusive?

Also, the answers are obviously arranged from most traditional to least, "a" being most. Yet sometimes "b", to me, is a more traditional answer.

Also the order of the answers seems to imply that those who are most traditional would choose "in Latin" over "very reverently", as if Latin were more important to a traditionalist than reverence.

For those reasons I couldn't finish it, but it was a fun idea!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Tough questions!

I scored 77 and was given the same profile as you.

I do like the old traditional Latin Hymns such as Tantum Ergo, the Latin Mass and the Litany to the Saints in Latin.

Catherine said...

Hi,

Victor S E Moubarak - yes I found you really had to stop and think about some of the questions.

Agellius - I did not actually write the quiz but I know what you mean at times I wanted to tick more than one box myself.

Autumn said...

I scored 91/100 and so got the same conclusion as you! I wasn't surprised by that at all ;¬)

I do love Panis Angelicus, too!

Thanks for the link...I will blog this later in the week.

Mrs.P xx